As we have rolled over into the year of 2019, PULSE is now in the process of giving input on the development of the new FBF E-Learning platform. On Thursday, FBF and PULSE attended the New Leaf Technologies seminar to learn more about this. New Leaf Technologies is an excellent E-Learning provider that is developing our adaptive learning platform, and we can’t wait to see the final results!
E-Learning is becoming a buzz word in the learning and development industry. Moving into a paperless world is just a small part of what E-Learning actually has to offer. Here are some fun facts!
Did you know that:
- E-Learning speeds up employee training? It typically requires 40-60% less employee time than learning in a traditional classroom setting and it gives the students access to learning material at anytime, anywhere.
- It will highly reduce the cost of training? By having all training in one place, you don’t have to find facilitators or venues!
- It maximizes knowledge retention! E-Learning can increase knowledge retention rate by 25-60%, simply because it is much more engaging than learning in a traditional classroom setting.
- It increases productivity! E-Learning can actually increase productivity by 50%, because it gives the student the opportunity to learn at their own pace and in their own environment. It is also personalized to suit everyones educational needs.
- It betters collaboration and communication. Because E-Learning gives you a chance to communicate with peers and facilitators in real time, it creates an open and communicative environment where skills and knowledge can be shared among everyone.
-Brandon Hall (2001 and Rosenberg 2001)
To have access to all learning material, activities and information on one platform, contributes to excellent learning and development opportunities for everyone. Moving into a finalizing stage of the pilot project, PULSE and FBF are excited to see the positive results!
Stay tuned to hear more about this project!
Written by: Madeleine
Photos by: Madeleine